Is to prevent and alleviate human suffering while maintaining respect for human dignity and without discrimination on the grounds of ethnic origin, race, sex, religion, political beliefs, language, disability, social status, nationality, age, etc.
The Red Crescent of Kazakhstan is the largest humanitarian organization in Kazakhstan and is a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
What we do
Our organization implements a wide range of programs in such areas as disaster risk reduction, emergency response, public health, voluntary non-remunerated blood donation, restoring family links services, volunteer programs, as well as support for socially vulnerable sections of the population, including refugees, migrants and stateless persons. By the way, volunteers are our main driving force: about 14 million volunteers around the world, including Kazakhstan, make an invaluable contribution to the achievement of the humanitarian mission of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Network.
Activities Under Covid-19 Conditions
- deliver essential goods and necessities to vulnerable sections of the population;
- hand over individual protection means to medical workers;
- carry out information activities to prevent coronavirus infections and dispel long-standing myths;
- give support to refugees and asylum seekers;
- give support to blood centers through the mobilization of voluntary donors;
- during the first wave, we provided support to medical professionals, made calls to ensure people observe their coronavirus quarantine, delivered medicines to persons suffering from chronic diseases, as well as handed over test kits and water to medical services.